Heidi & I are very pleased to have received a nomination for the Liebster Award! This award is presented by fellow bloggers to new bloggers in an effort to welcome them and get to know them better. ‘Liebster’ is a German word that can mean lovely, sweetest, cute, dearest and favorite. We would like to thank Geri from Spring Tomorrow for nominating us for this online blogger award. Geri lives in Singapore and was our very first visitor when we started just a few weeks ago. In her blog, Spring Tomorrow, Geri loves to write about food too. She also writes about lifestyle, deals, food reviews and more. Thanks Geri!
10 Random Facts About Us (FABULOUS FARE SISTERS)
1. Linda currently resides in NJ but wants to move somewhere warmer in the winter
2. Heidi is a genius with colors
3. Linda has a wonderful husband, four handsome sons and a Shih tzu named Scruffy
4. Heidi loves everyone to a fault
5. Linda loves to read, cook, bake, bike and travel
6. Heidi loves her garden
7. Linda also loves to decorate and enjoys decorating magazines and websites
8. Heidi loves her husband and her children
9. Linda joined the MHWTC a few years ago and has completed four triathlons
10.Heidi is a devoted friend
Our Answers to the Nominator’s Questions
1. What was the first dish you had cooked and how did it turn out?
Linda: Orange Chicken – not so good – too much orange juice!
Heidi: Curry Beef with Sirloin – it turned out very good
2. Who has inspired you in your life and why?
Linda: My Grandma K – she was a sweetheart who always gave me sound advice
Heidi: my Uncle Jim because he said that I could do anything and he meant it
3. What was your worst kitchen disaster?
Linda: the Orange Chicken! Unfortunately we got sick!
Heidi: Fried chicken – I used the wrong oil and it burned on the outside and was raw on the inside!
4. What’s the best piece of advice anyone has given you?
Linda: My grandma once told me to make breakfast for my husband in bed every Saturday morning – I still do after 30 years!
Heidi: Value yourself
5. If you have to describe yourself as a flavor, what would it be?
Linda: dulce de leche
6. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Linda: A cup of French Vanilla Tea; weekdays sometimes a bowl of cereal or toast, but on weekends I like to try something new.
Heidi: I eat something different everyday
7. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Linda: Vaca Frita (pan seared skirt steak) with black beans, white rice and tomato escabeche (Alma de Cuba)
Heidi: French Onion Soup followed by Petit Filet Mignon
8. If you could open a cafe or restaurant, what would you name it and what type of food would you be serving?
Linda: Le Charmant Café serving specialty breakfasts, lunches, coffees & teas
Heidi: The Salad Sisters serving gourmet salads
9. What was it that you miss the most from your childhood?
Linda: staying up really late with Heidi listening to our records on our little 45 record player!
Heidi: sharing my room with my sister Linda
10. What dish would you create with chocolate and chili?
Linda: Chili Mole
Heidi: Dark Chocolate Cake with a Mild Chili Icing
1. Italian Chips – http://www.italianchips.com/ – Ana was born in Brazil and now lives in Italy and loves to join the flavors of the two countries
2. Crafty Coin – http://craftycoin.com/ – BreAnna has a passion for cooking from scratch with natural ingredients & saving money!
3. Pin.Eat.Enjoy – https://pineatenjoy.wordpress.com/ – Ala Hamilton blogs about her adventures in her tiny kitchen!
4. With the Grains – http://withthegrains.com/the-baker/ – Quelcy blogs about her ideas, stories, memories & progress along with delicious recipes
5. lush your home – https://lushyourhome.wordpress.com/ – a blog with inspired photos for home and garden
6. It Started in Oxford – https://itstartedinoxford.wordpress.com/ – Chloe blogs about her experience in a new country
7. Hermione’s Pantry – https://hermionespantry.wordpress.com/ – Hermione’s blog focuses on honest and healthy vegetarian food
8. MojinTouch – http://www.mojintouch.com/ – Mojisala Obazuaye blogs about her love of fashion
9. The Usual Ingredients – https://theusualingredients.wordpress.com/ – Yana has a passion for food and respect for humble ingredients and wants to share her love with others
10. Nourishing Rainbows – http://nourishingrainbows.com/ – Amy Rainbow blogs and catalogs all the allergy-friendly recipes we’ve collected and created
Our questions for our Nominees
1. Who in your life irritated or encouraged you to do better?
2. What inspired you to do your blog?
3. What is your favorite book or author?
4. Who is your favorite tv show host?
5. How often do you clean your oven?
6. What’s your favorite meal?
7. Where was your best vacation?
8. Where was the most memorable place you ever ate?
9. If you could choose any career what would you be?
10. What friend in your life gave you the most inspiration?
The rules of a Liebster Award are as follows:
• Put up the Liebster Award logo on a blog post
• Thank your nominator and provide a link back to his/her blog
• Write 10 random facts about yourself
• Answer 10 questions posted by the nominator
• Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award and inform them about it
• Come up with 10 new questions for your nominees
As you can see, a Liebster Award shares the same nature as a chain letter, therefore, we don’t want our fellow blogger friends to feel obliged to participate in this. So for our nominees, please know this is just done for fun and there’s absolutely no obligation to act on this. But if you decide to go with it, do let us know as we will be interested to read your responses to our questions!